Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Port Orford Cedar
Forests and forestry
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- A group of Port Orford Cedar (Chamaecyparis lawsoniana)trees. The back of the photograph contains a detailed list of the latin names of the other trees and underbrush. Common names are given in brackets  with the entries separated by a comma (,). The words Pursh., Hook., Newb., and Nutt. refer to the authority that first described the plant. Port Orford cedar 48 in diameter South Fork of Coquille River, Oregon [german] Tsuga heterophylla [western hemlock], , Gaultheria shallon Pursh. [shallon], Mahonia aquifolium Nutt. [oregon grape], Rhododendron californica Hook. [california rhododendron], Umbellularia californica Nutt. [california laurel], Arbutus menziesii Pursh. [pacific madrone], Quercus kelloggii Newb. [california black oak], Castanopsis chrysophylla O.C. [giant chinkapin], Arbutus menziesii Pursh. [pacific madrone]"
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).