- Cabin on Big Creek
Forests and forestry
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Dr. Carl Schenck and his wife lived in this cabin in 1896. There are two unidentified men in this photograph. Cabin on Big Creek at foot of Pisgah in Henderson County built for me in 1895 by William Crawford for $28. At that time, not a tree had been cut in the primeval woods. Adele & I have spent a week at this cabin in 1896."
more info on Schenck, Adele
Schenck, Carl Alwin, 1868-1955 more info on Schenck, Carl Alwin, 1868-1955
Pisgah National Forest (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).