This is a photograph of Dr. Schenck's office. Upon arriving at the Biltmore Estate in 1895, Dr. Schenck's office was the second floor of Charles McNamee's office building in Biltmore village. In 1901, George Vanderbilt built an office building for Dr. Schenck on the north bank of the Swannanoa River. The office contained a large classroom, a small anteroom, Schenck's office, and a small clerk's room. Dr. Schenck is standing at the left. Elizabeth  is seated on the porch. Office and Myself. Summer 1909 Elizabeth "