- Sir Dietrich Brandis
Forests and forestry
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- A formal studio portrait of Sir Dietrich Brandis. Brandis (1824 - 1907) was considered by Dr. Schenck to be the grandfather of American forestry. He served as a forest superintendent in Burma and in India. Schenck became acquainted with him in Germany after Brandis's retirement in 1883. Sir Dietrich Brandis photo made about 1900"
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Carl Alwin Schenck Papers, 1865 - 1959 (MC00035) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).