- Dr. Harold L. Noakes of Cornell University and John Harst, caretaker for the Dr. William Sharp property
Community and Extension
African Americans -- History
Agricultural extension work
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- Photo of Dr. Harold L. Noakes and John Harst. Noakes helped select the Hammocks Beach camp site. Harst was the caretaker for the Dr. William Sharp property. Dr. Sharp, from New York City, deeded 4,500 acres to the beach corporation.
- Digital Project:
Better Living in NC
- Archives and Special Collections, F. D. Bluford Library, North Carolina A&T State University
- S. B. Simmons Collection (ncatsbs) held by Archives and Special Collections, F. D. Bluford Library, North Carolina A&T State University
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University owns copyright to this item. Individuals are responsible for using this work in conformance with United States Copyright Law as well as any restrictions accompanying the material.
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.