- Aerial Shot, Rex Hospital
- Item identifier:
- Crampton and Deitrick more info on Crampton and Deitrick
Rex Hospital (Raleigh, N.C.)
more info on Rex Hospital (Raleigh, N.C.)
Wake County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Division of Archives and History Photograph Collection (State Archives of North Carolina Collection 4.1) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 4420 Lake Boone Trail
- Historical note:
- The original Rex Hospital was opened in 1894 in the Charles Manly House on South St. on Raleigh. The hospital moved into a new facility in 1937 on the corner of Wade Avenue and St. Mary's St. The current Rex Hospital is located on Blue Ridge Rd. and the hospital moved there in 1980. From the Dictionary of North Carolina Biography, Volume 5 by William S. Powell. Page 202.