- Side View, Calvary Moravian Church
Towers (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Taylor, Gwynne more info on Taylor, Gwynne
- Created Date:
Forsyth County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Division of Archives and History Photograph Collection (State Archives of North Carolina Collection 4.1) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 600 Holly Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The church was built for the Moravian congregation founded in 1888 from Salem's Home Church.
- Architectural note:
- The church, constructed in Flemish-bond brick, features coved plaster cornices and is presumably the first in the Moravian Revival style.
- Historical note:
- The church's clock was originally housed in the 1892 Winston town hall.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.096725, -80.249488