- Needham B. Broughton High School, Front View
Romanesque revival (Architecture)
Towers (Building divisions)
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Lee, M. A. more info on Lee, M. A.
- Crampton and Deitrick more info on Crampton and Deitrick
- Created Date:
Wake County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Division of Archives and History Photograph Collection (State Archives of North Carolina Collection 4.1) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 723 St. Mary's Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- Deitrick won a design competition for the school, which was unique from other 1920s public schools in the area due to its Lombard Gothic Revival style.
- Historical note:
- The structure was initially called Broughton High School.
Gothic revival (Architecture)
Lombard (Culture or style)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.78551, -78.642669