- Exterior View, Grove Arcade
- Item identifier:
- Sieburg, J. more info on Sieburg, J.
- Parker, Charles N., 1885-1961 more info on Parker, Charles N., 1885-1961
- Created Date:
Buncombe County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Division of Archives and History Photograph Collection (State Archives of North Carolina Collection 4.1) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1 Page Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- E. W. Grove, first owner; Walter Taylor and Associates, second owner.
- Architectural note:
- The structure was initially intended as a skyscraper, and the use of ivory-glazed terra-cotta and decorative griffins lend the structure a unique appearance. The structure's molded panels include an image of the architect, Charles N. Parker.
- Historical note:
- The arcade is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was occupied by the federal government in 1942.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.595203, -82.555895
- External Resources:
Grove Arcade: History