- Interior , First Church of Christ, Scientist
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Wrenn, T. P. more info on Wrenn, T. P.
- Simpson, Frank B., 1883-1966 more info on Simpson, Frank B., 1883-1966
- Created Date:
Craven County (N.C.)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Division of Archives and History Photograph Collection (State Archives of North Carolina Collection 4.1) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945 more info on Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945
- 406 Middle Street
- New Bern
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Built for the Christian Scientist congregation in New Bern that was established in 1894.
- Architectural note:
- The building is a single-story, gable-fronted building with an Ionic portico, a front Venetian window, and arched windows along the side.
- Historical note:
- Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of Christian Science, contributed $3,000 towards the construction and gave the cornerstone.
New Bern (N.C.)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.1086047495, -77.0392870903