- Plan of orchestra
Orchestras (Stage spaces)
Orchestras (Audience spaces)
- Original Format:
- Linens; 1/16 in. = 1 ft.
- Item identifier:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Herbert Woodley Simpson papers, 1888-1941 (NCAR1596) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945 more info on Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945
- Dewey, John, circa 1767-1830 more info on Dewey, John, circa 1767-1830
- Good, Benjamin Cofield, 1780-circa 1827 more info on Good, Benjamin Cofield, 1780-circa 1827
- 516 Hancock St.
- New Bern
- Architectural note:
- The exterior and the first story of the interior were remodeled in 1904 and 1947.
- Historical note:
- The structure was built as the masonic lodge's first permanent home. The theater on the first floor, not pictured, has remained in use since 1805. The lodge room features trompe l'oeil painting that dates to 1860. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
New Bern (N.C.)
Trompe l’oeil painting
Historic buildings -- Remodeling
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.1105180842, -77.0408535003