- Main floor plan, gallery plan
Galleries (Upper level spaces)
Stages (Performance spaces)
Dressing rooms (Performing arts)
- Item identifier:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Herbert Woodley Simpson papers, 1888-1941 (NCAR1596) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945 more info on Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945
- 414 Pollock Street
- New Bern
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The façade combines Neo-Classical and Beaux-Arts stylistic elements. The recessed entrances and ticket booth were entered through a pair of large Roman arches containing Diocletian windows. Crowning the façade was a Baroque curvilinear pediment. Harrison S. Hancock served as contractor for the project.
New Bern (N.C.)
Revival, Classical (European revival style)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.107189, -77.040455