- State Archives of North Carolina
- Herbert Woodley Simpson papers, 1888-1941 (NCAR1596) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945 more info on Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945
- 505 Middle St.
- New Bern
- Provenance note:
- The temple was built for a Jewish congregation organized in 1894.
- Architectural note:
- Built in a similar style to the First Church of Christ, Scientist in New Bern, the temple uses the Corinthian order and has a central entrance flanked by windows.
- Historical note:
- This was the first Jewish temple built in New Bern.
New Bern (N.C.)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.109867, -77.039601