- First floor plan, second floor plan
- Original Format:
- 3/32 in. = 1 ft.
- Item identifier:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- State Archives of North Carolina
- Herbert Woodley Simpson papers, 1888-1941 (NCAR1596) held by State Archives of North Carolina
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Reproduction and use of this material requires permission from the North Carolina State Archives.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945 more info on Simpson, Herbert W. (Herbert Woodley), 1870-1945
- 212 New St.
- New Bern
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The house has Simpson's characteristic late Queen Anne and early Colonial Revival details. The house is covered by a pyramidal roof, accented by a hipped dormer, central chimney, and a variety of project gables.
- Historical note:
- Walter Duffy was a bookkeeper for the National Bank of New Bern and later served as a clerk of the U.S. Circuit Court. He took in several boarders during the time he lived in the house.
New Bern (N.C.)
Architecture, Queen Anne
Colonial revival (Architecture)
Housing, Single family