- Wolf Tales recording with Larry E. Warren: Class of 1966 "Forever Club" Reunion, 6 May 2016
Alumni and alumnae
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Warren, Larry E. more info on Warren, Larry E.
- North Carolina State University. Libraries more info on North Carolina State University. Libraries
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the Park Alumni Center on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina, at the Class of 1966 "Forever Club" Reunion Luncheon hosted by the NC State Alumni Association, honoring alumni who graduated 50 years ago and earlier. In the recording, Larry E. Warren (‘66) discusses: his freshman year in 1962; transitioning to life on campus, academic challenges, and living in Syme Residence Hall; being part of compulsory ROTC service as a student; physical education requirements to pass swimming and gymnastics; majoring in Chemistry; taking public speaking classes taught by Alvin Fountain (‘23); who wrote the “Alma Mater” song of NC State; memorizing and delivering a speech by Ralph Ingersoll in Alvin Fountain’s class, and winning a prize as Best Speaker; being a member of the Student Toastmasters Club; attending Friends of the College concerts as a student, including the Leningrad Philharmonic Symphony, Arthur Rubinstein, Leontyne Price, and others; seeing the fire in Pullen Hall in February 1965; the controversy around the changing of the name of NC State University; memorable professors, including Larry Champion in the English department, and Mr. Farrell in History; and Marvin Sanders, an African American student whom he admired. [Preferred citation: Wolf Tales recording with Larry E. Warren, 6 May 2016, NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings, MC 00581, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC]
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae more info on North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae
Warren, Larry E. more info on Warren, Larry E.
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).