- Billie Jo Schweitzer and Ed Schweitzer, Wolf Tales recording: Alumni Association "State's Mates" Reception, 13 February 2016
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae
- Item identifier:
- Schweitzer, Billie Jo more info on Schweitzer, Billie Jo
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the Park Alumni Center in Raleigh, North Carolina, at the State's Mates Reception hosted by the NCSU Alumni Association. The event was organized to celebrate couples who met at North Carolina State University. In the recording, Billie Jo Schweitzer and Ed Schweitzer (‘72 and ‘74) discuss: Ed being an alumnus of the College of Design’s Landscape Architecture program; meeting over a jukebox at a fraternity party in 1970; marrying in 1972; remaining closely involved in NC State athletics as alumni; remembering notable figures in NC State athletics from their time as students, including David Thompson and Coach Lou Holtz; David Thompson’s slam dunk at the end of a game against UNC Charlotte; other memorable moments of athletes over the years including Johnny Evans, Philip Rivers, Russell Wilson, and Mike Glennon; being present at the NC State vs. Wake Forest basketball game when Mr. and Mrs. Wuf were married by the Demon Deacon; also being present and Mr. and Mrs. Wuf’s vow renewals at subsequent games; and having two children who are now alumni of NC State.
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae more info on North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae
Schweitzer, Billie Jo more info on Schweitzer, Billie Jo
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).