- Stacy Nichole Roberts, Wolf Tales recording, 7 May 2016
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae
- Item identifier:
- Roberts, Stacy Nichole more info on Roberts, Stacy Nichole
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the D. H. Hill Library on the campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the recording, Stacy Nichole Roberts (‘14) discusses: earning her master’s degree in History at NC State; writing her thesis on the history of commercial strawberry production; her current work as a Ph.D. student at the University of California at Davis, researching longleaf pine timber production and the use of cut over land; her mentor and advisor Dr. Matthew Booker; working with the Genetic Engineering and Society IGERT and cluster at NC State; Dr. Booker’s role in influencing her path to pursuing a Ph.D. and becoming a National Science Foundation IGERT Fellow; other professors who influenced her, including Dr. Fred Gould, Dr. Brent Sirota, Dr. Susanna Lee; using a faculty study space in the stacks at D. H. Hill Library as a research assistant for Dr. Booker; living with other History graduate students and developing friendships with her roommates; living in Raleigh and watching its evolution in recent years; giving a class presentation with the first IGERT cohort; doing archival research and working with the Southern Oral History Program at UNC Chapel Hill; and maintaining relationships with friends and professors from NC State.
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae more info on North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae
Roberts, Stacy Nichole more info on Roberts, Stacy Nichole
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).