- Wolf Tales recording with Nick Rinz, 25 March 2017
College students -- Societies, etc.
Hispanic American students
Latinos (United States)
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Rinz, Nick more info on Rinz, Nick
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the Talley Student Union on the campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the recording, Nick Rinz (‘18) discusses: moving from Naples, FL, to Raleigh, NC, and attending Cardinal Gibbons High School; changing his major from Engineering to Textiles Technology with a focus on Medical Textiles; doing research as an undergraduate under Dr. Martin King in the College of Textiles; identifying as a Hispanic male at NC State and struggling to find community on campus until discovering the group Mi Familia; discovering Lambda Theta Phi, Latin American fraternity, through Mi Familia and becoming fraternity president; growing up in a predominantly white community and not being aware of the resources and community available to people of color at a place like NC State; finding mentors and building a support network; working to unite the Latinx community at NC State; hoping for an increasingly diverse campus community; a career goal of working in the medical industry after graduation, to help decide between graduate school and medical school in the future; valuing his Panamanian heritage; having dual citizenship and bilingual fluency; finding his community at NC State as key in helping him succeed in college; and advocating for other students to take the time to find the resources and community that will support them. This recording was created with the support of funds made possible through a 2016-2017 Diversity Mini-Grant from the NCSU Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity (OIED). [Preferred citation: Wolf Tales recording with Nick Rinz, 25 March 2017, NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings, MC 00581, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC]
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Students more info on North Carolina State University -- Students
Rinz, Nick more info on Rinz, Nick
North Carolina State University. College of Textiles more info on North Carolina State University. College of Textiles
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).