- Wolf Tales recording with Kristen Riddick and Whitney W. McCoy: Women's Center "Politics of Black Hair" Exhibit Opening Reception, 13 February 2018
Campus and Town
African American women
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina State University. Libraries more info on North Carolina State University. Libraries
- Riddick, Kristen more info on Riddick, Kristen
- McCoy, Whitney W. more info on McCoy, Whitney W.
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the African American Cultural Center Gallery in the Witherspoon Student Center on the campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina, at the opening reception of the "Politics of Black Hair" exhibit, curated by Angela Gay, Assistant Director of the NCSU Women’s Center. Kristen Riddick (doctoral candidate in Applied Social and Community Psychology) and Whitney W. McCoy (doctoral candidate in Educational Psychology) discuss their appreciation for the “Politics of Black Hair” exhibit, the importance of African American hair as a personal choice and part of one’s identity, appreciation for Angela Gay and for the NCSU Women’s Center, the power of storytelling, and biases and stereotypes associated with different hair textures. (Preferred citation: Wolf Tales recording with Kristen Riddick and Whitney W. McCoy, 13 February 2018, NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings, MC 00581, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC)
Oral histories (Document genres)
McCoy, Whitney W.
more info on McCoy, Whitney W.
Riddick, Kristen more info on Riddick, Kristen
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)