- Leroy Jackson, Wolf Tales recording: Class of 1966 "Forever Club" Reunion, 6 May 2016
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae
- Item identifier:
- Jackson, Leroy more info on Jackson, Leroy
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the Park Alumni Center on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina, at the Class of 1966 "Forever Club" Reunion Luncheon hosted by the NC State Alumni Association, honoring alumni who graduated 50 years ago and earlier. In the recording, Leroy Jackson (‘53) discusses: majoring in Agronomy in the Agricultural School as an undergraduate student; coming to NC State seven years after graduating from high school and working on his family’s farm to earn money for college; being the first in his family to attend college; enjoying his time as a student; being proud of the growth of the university over time; serving as President of the Freshman Class in 1950, and being involved in student government and other campus groups including Alpha Gamma Rho and Alpha Zeta; becoming President of the Interfraternity Council; being active in building the first student union; and developing lifelong friendships with people he met at NC State, including Banks Talley and former roommate Dr. Bill Collins.
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae more info on North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae
Jackson, Leroy more info on Jackson, Leroy
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).