- Shima Idries and Shamms DiarBakerli, Wolf Tales recording, 5 May 2016
Universities and colleges
Alumni and alumnae
- Item identifier:
- Idries, Shima more info on Idries, Shima
- DiarBakerli, Shamms more info on DiarBakerli, Shamms
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the D. H. Hill Library on the campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the recording, Shima Idries (‘17) and Shamms DiarBakerli (‘17) discuss: Shima’s major in History and Human Biology, and Shamms’ major in Graphic Communications; Shamms’ favorite memory of NC State, taking classes in Visual Thinking and 3D Spatial Relations; Shima’s participation in the Initiative for Maximizing Student Diversity (IMSD) at NC State, to recruit and support underrepresented minorities in the sciences; Shima’s mentors Dr. Erin Banks and Dr. Felysha Jenkins; other professors and courses that have impacted their time as students, including, Dr. Anna Bigelow’s course on Islam, Dr. Jodi Khater, Dr. Akram Khater, and Dr. Bethany Farag’s Arabic class; alternative spring break service trips; the value of diversity at NC State; and the Muslim Student Association’s annual MSA Night event.
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae more info on North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae
Idries, Shima more info on Idries, Shima
DiarBakerli, Shamms more info on DiarBakerli, Shamms
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).