- Wolf Tales recording with James E. Blalock: Class of 1966 "Forever Club" Reunion, 6 May 2016
Alumni and alumnae
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Ferris, Virginia L. more info on Ferris, Virginia L.
- Blalock, James E. more info on Blalock, James E.
- North Carolina State University. Libraries more info on North Carolina State University. Libraries
- Created Date:
- This recording was conducted in the Park Alumni Center on the Centennial Campus of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina, at the Class of 1966 "Forever Club" Reunion Luncheon hosted by the NC State Alumni Association, honoring alumni who graduated 50 years ago and earlier. In the recording, James E. Blalock (‘43) discusses: studying Aeronautical Engineering as an undergraduate student; meeting Katharine Stinson, the first female student to enroll in and graduate from the College of Engineering at NC State; living in a residence hall near the railroad tracks as a student; paying $134.90 in tuition for his first year at NC State, 1939, and listing other expenses kept in a ledger from his time as a student; growing up in Asheville, NC, and using roller skates to get around town; being involved in student groups including the Aeronautical Engineering Society, and singing in the State College Quartet; and working in Washington, DC, with the US Navy wind tunnels. [Preferred citation: Wolf Tales recording with James E. Blalock, 6 May 2016, NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings, MC 00581, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC]
Oral histories (Document genres)
Blalock, James E.
more info on Blalock, James E.
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae more info on North Carolina State University -- Alumni and alumnae
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- NCSU Libraries Wolf Tales Recordings (MC00581) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International