Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts Hospital building
Campus and Town
College buildings -- North Carolina -- History
- Original Format:
Black and white print (photograph)
Postcard, black and white
- Item identifier:
- Alfred Williams & Co. more info on Alfred Williams & Co.
- American News Company more info on American News Company
- Excelsior Publishing House more info on Excelsior Publishing House
- Created Date:
- Once the Alumni Building, today this building was extensively renovated to become Winslow Hall. Photographs: North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts Buildings; Hospital, Agricultural and Mechanical Arts University, Raleigh, NC; Published by Alfred Williams and Company, Raleigh, NC, Made in Germany; American News Company (ANC) of New York, Excelsior Edition, Leipzig, Dresden, Berlin
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- History
North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts more info on North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Joseph Alfred Miller Papers (MC00556) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
Building: North Carolina State University, Arthur Winslow Hall -- Alumni Memorial Building -- State College Hospital (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- NC State University
- Historical note:
- Winslow Hall was built in 1897 and served as the infirmary until its renovation in 1959 when it was renamed Alumni Memorial Building to honor more than 300 alumni who died in World War II and the Korean War. In 2006, the building was renamed Winslow Hall after the Dorothy and Roy Park Alumni Center on Centennial Campus opened. Arthur Winslow was one of the original members of the Watauga Club who successfully petitioned the North Carolina legislature in 1885 to charter the school that would become North Carolina State University.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.784901, -78.664101