Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts Textiles Building
Campus and Town
College buildings -- North Carolina -- History
- Original Format:
Black-and-white print (photograph)
- Item identifier:
- Alfred Williams & Co. more info on Alfred Williams & Co.
- American News Company more info on American News Company
- Excelsior Publishing House more info on Excelsior Publishing House
- Created Date:
- Photographs: North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts Buildings; Textile Building, Agricultural and Mechanical Arts University, Raleigh, NC; Published by Alfred Williams and Company, Raleigh, NC, Made in Germany; American News Company (ANC) of New York, Excelsior Edition, Leipzig, Dresden, Berlin
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- History
North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts more info on North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Joseph Alfred Miller Papers (MC00556) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
Building: North Carolina State University, Daniel Augustus Tompkins Hall -- Textile Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949
- Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914 more info on Tompkins, Daniel Augustus, 1851-1914
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- NC State University Campus
- NC State University
- General note:
- Tompkins Hall is named for Daniel Augustus Tompkins, who pushed for the College of Textiles and designed the building that now holds his name. The original hall was built in 1901, but destroyed by fire in 1914. It was rebuilt the same year.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.786701, -78.665199