- Paul F. Williams oral history, 15 June 2015
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Ferris, Virginia L. more info on Ferris, Virginia L.
- Created Date:
- This interview was conducted at D.H. Hill Library of North Carolina State University in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the interview, Dr. Williams discusses: visiting North Carolina first as an undergraduate forestry student at West Virginia University; earning his MBA at the Kenan-Flagler Business School at UNC Chapel Hill; arriving to teach at NC State’s Department of Economics and Business in 1985, following the influence of a former colleague at UNC Chapel Hill, Gene Brooks; the influence of Professor Lee Brummet at UNC Chapel Hill in developing Williams’ interest in accounting ethics; the evolution of the NCSU Department of Economics and Business into the Division of Economics and Business, and eventually would become the College of Management; the role of Larry Monteith in supporting the establishment of the College of Management; and the development of graduate programs and other initiatives in the Poole College of Management. [Preferred citation: Interview with Paul F. Williams by Virginia Ferris, 15 June 2015, North Carolina State University Oral Histories, MC 00449, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC]
Oral histories (Document genres)
Williams, Paul F., 1947-
more info on Williams, Paul F., 1947-
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University. College of Management more info on North Carolina State University. College of Management
- Digital Project:
NC State Institutional Histories
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State Oral Histories (MC00449) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).