- Alice Warren oral history, 23 February 2016
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Ferris, Virginia L. more info on Ferris, Virginia L.
- Created Date:
- This interview was conducted in the office of Alice Warren in the McKimmon Center for Extension and Continuing Education at North Carolina State University. In the interview, Alice Warren discusses: her family and growing up in Harnett County, NC; her early career and education; earning her Master’s Degree in Education from North Carolina State University; being introduced to continuing education through an internship with the Workforce Development Unit in the Department of Public Instruction; beginning her career at NC State as a Continuing Education Specialist in the Division of Extension and Continuing Education, where she currently serves as Vice Provost for Continuing Education; the legacy of extension at NC State; mentors in her career at NC State, including Sondra Kirsch; developing her leadership within the division and broader administration at NC State; observations on the evolution of extension and continuing education over her career; the importance of cross-institutional collaboration and partnerships; her experiences as a woman in a predominantly male work environment in the early years of her career; the value of increased diversity; supporting and mentoring other women in their careers; fellow Vice Provost and NCSU Libraries Director Susan Nutter; serving on the University Library Committee; leadership from the Provost; the increasing presence of women in positions of leadership in higher administration; and her advice for others beginning their careers. [Preferred citation: Interview with Alice Warren by Virginia Ferris, 23 February 2016, North Carolina State University Oral Histories, MC 00449, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC]
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Administration more info on North Carolina State University -- Administration
Warren, Alice S. more info on Warren, Alice S.
- Digital Project:
NC State Institutional Histories
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- North Carolina State Oral Histories (MC00449) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International