Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Partial elevation
- Original Format:
- 635mm x 835mm
- Item identifier:
Elevations (architectural drawings)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Charles Parker Papers, 1924-1929 (MC00383) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- 1 Page Avenue
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- E. W. Grove, first owner; Walter Taylor and Associates, second owner.
- Architectural note:
- The structure was initially intended as a skyscraper, and the use of ivory-glazed terra-cotta and decorative griffins lend the structure a unique appearance. The structure's molded panels include an image of the architect, Charles N. Parker.
- Historical note:
- The arcade is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It was occupied by the federal government in 1942.
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.595203, -82.555895
- External Resources:
Grove Arcade: History