Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Carroll Hall
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information:
Building: North Carolina State University, Susan Catherine Colwell Carroll Residence Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- 2801 Thurman Dr.
- NC State University
- General note:
- Carroll Residence Hall is located on the central campus of NC State and houses participants in the Women with Voices Program. Susan Catherine Colwell Carroll (1849-1901) was a professional nurse and NC State's first resident matron of the infirmary, which is now the Alumni Memorial Building. Students respected and admired her, and dedicated two pages of the Agromeck to her when she died in 1901. Originally, the area around the Alumni Memorial Building was honored with the name Carroll Place. A plaque in the Alumni Building gives recognition to her services.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.785817, -78.674066