- Gold Residence Hall banner
Campus and Town
- Original Format:
- Digital photographs
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
Building: North Carolina State University, Charles Wyllis Gold Residence Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- 50 Pullen Road
- Provenance note:
- Gold Hall is located on the east campus of NC State. The building is named after Charles Wyllis Gold (1874-1932). As an alumnus of the class of 1895, Gold remained active in his support of NC State throughout his life. He is responsible for the honor code that was used for nearly 25 years, and, each year in memory of his father, awarded the P. D. Gold Citizenship Medal to a graduating senior for outstanding citizenship. Gold, with two other men, founded the Jefferson Standard Life Insurance Company and served as its vice president. In 1931, he became president of the American Life Convention and director of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. For many years, he served as a trustee to NC State.
State universities and colleges -- North Carolina
Universities and colleges
College buildings -- North Carolina
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.783897, -78.665108