- Basement and foundation plan, first floor plan, Building C
- Original Format:
- Tracings; 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 711mm x 1016mm
- Item identifier:
- Northup, Willard Close more info on Northup, Willard Close, 1882-1942
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- Lashmit, Luther D. more info on Lashmit, Luther D.
- 1900 Reynolda Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- Bowman Gray (president of R. J. Reynolds Tobacco Company) and Nathalie Gray, first owner
- Architectural note:
- The home's opulence reflected the wealth of its owners, and it featured themed rooms focusing on the countries that the couple had visited.
- Historical note:
- The estate now functions as a conference center owned by Wake Forest University. Graylyn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Housing, Single family
National Register of Historic Places
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.119541, -80.279875