Former City Market (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Original Format:
- 1/8 in. = 1 ft.; 610mm x 1016mm
- Item identifier:
- Northup, Willard Close more info on Northup, Willard Close, 1882-1942
- Created Date:
Elevations (architectural drawings)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Should an heir or copyright holder present a verifiable claim to ownership of the intellectual property, the Libraries will work with said heir to determine the best course of action to balance copyright holder's rights with public accessibility.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Building: City Market, Former (Winston-Salem, Forsyth County, North Carolina)
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 601 North Cherry Street
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- The market's brickwork was done in the Flemish-bond style.
- Historical note:
- The market provided a central location for the area's rural farmers to sell produce to residents of Winston and Salem.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.101177, -80.247575