- Third floor framing plan
- Original Format:
- Linens; 1/8 in. = 1 ft.; 800mm x 940mm
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 337 South Salisbury Street
- Provenance note:
- The building was built for the Durham Life Insurance Co. of Raleigh.
- Architectural note:
- This Art Deco skyscraper features an exterior of limestone, and the lobby features pink marble, polished brass, and mirrors.
- Historical note:
- This building was one of the first in the nation to make use of Willis Carrier's air conditioning system specifically designed for tall buildings, the Conduit Weathermaster System.
Art deco (Architecture)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 35.7757645048, -78.6403298377