- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Lashmit, Luther D. more info on Lashmit, Luther D.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 2800 Robinhood Road
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The home was built for R. J. Reynolds (tobacconist) and his wife.
- Architectural note:
- Done in the International style, the structure featured both protruding and receding surfaces, balconies, and rounded corners. Thomas Sears served as the project's landscape architect.
- Historical note:
- The house reminded many locals of an ocean liner and was popularly referred to as "The Ship." It was destroyed in 1978 under the direction of Lashmit.
International style (Architecture)
Housing, Single family
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.111675, -80.293615