- First floor plan, basement floor plan, partial elevations
- Original Format:
- 610mm x 991mm
- Item identifier:
- Northup, Willard Close more info on Northup, Willard Close, 1882-1942
- Created Date:
Design and construction documents
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 3930 Reynolda Road
- North Carolina
- Architectural note:
- Typical of other schools designed in the period, Old Town features Neo-Classical and Georgian Revival details, including fanlights, porticoes, and keystone archways. Acme Construction Co. served as the project's builders.
- Historical note:
- The school was one of many built during the increased period of school construction during the 1920s and 1930s in Forsyth County. Most of these schools were designed by Northrup and O'Brien.
Forsyth County (N.C.)
Revival, Classical (European revival style)
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.164548, -80.332102