Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- East elevation
- Original Format:
- 1/4 in. = 1 ft.; 419mm x 552mm
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
Elevations (architectural drawings)
- Digital Project:
Beaux Arts to Modernism
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Northup & O'Brien Architectural Records, 1917-1980 (MC00240) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Should an heir or copyright holder present a verifiable claim to ownership of the intellectual property, the Libraries will work with said heir to determine the best course of action to balance copyright holder's rights with public accessibility.
- Digitization of this image was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
- Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.) more info on Northup & O'Brien (Winston-Salem, N.C.)
- 150 South Marshall Street
- North Carolina
- Provenance note:
- The home was built for Henry F. Shaffner, vice-president and treasurer of Wachovia Bank, president of Home Investment Co., and vice-president of the Shaffner-Lanquist Company, a purveyor of drugs, cigars and beverages.
- Architectural note:
- The design of this house was influenced by the Stick style.
- Latitude, Longitude:
- 36.0926497574, -80.2474451065