- Patrick Deaton oral history, 20 July 2015
- Original Format:
Digital video recording
- Item identifier:
- Ferris, Virginia L. more info on Ferris, Virginia L.
- Created Date:
- This interview was conducted at the James B. Hunt Jr. Library of North Carolina State University, in Raleigh, North Carolina. In the interview Mr. Deaton discusses: his education and early career; his first project working with NCSU Libraries, on the renovation of the east wing of D.H. Hill Library; the early stages of conceptualizing the James B. Hunt Jr. Library; designer selections and early planning; joining the staff of the NCSU Libraries; the days leading up to and following the opening of the Hunt Library; reactions to the library from students and a broad array of visitors; the way students and faculty have used the spaces in the Hunt Library; how the Hunt Library has impacted Centennial Campus; and the relationship between the Hunt Library and D.H. Hill Library. [Preferred citation: Interview with Patrick Deaton by Virginia Ferris, 20 July 2015, The NCSU Libraries Oral Histories about the James B. Hunt Jr. Library, MC 00200, Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries, Raleigh, NC]
Oral histories (Document genres)
North Carolina State University -- Buildings
more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
Deaton, Patrick more info on Deaton, Patrick
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University. Libraries more info on North Carolina State University. Libraries
- Digital Project:
Hunt Library Documentation
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- James B. Hunt Jr. Library Oral Histories (mc00200) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).