Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Tobacco research and processing-related materials, 1958-1977
Tobacco -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Created Date:
- This folder contains a variety of diagrams, forms, correspondence, and research notes related to agricultural engineering developments at North Carolina State College, most notably in the area of tobacco research. The main materials in this folder are drawings and plans for the construction of agricultural machinery, structures, and components of machinery or structures. Such items are for a tobacco shredder, stem diameter gauges, trench formers, and curing units. Also in this folder are the department forms requesting for mechanics to construct such items. Also included are research notes for tobacco freeze-drying experiments and correspondence related to a study-grant.
Drawings (Visual works)
North Carolina State College. Department of Agricultural Engineering
more info on North Carolina State College. Department of Agricultural Engineering
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Tobacco research and processing-related materials, 1958-1977, Series 8, Flatfolder 4 (Current Folder)