Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, close-grown tobacco & cut strip, 1973-1978
Please note that some historical materials may contain harmful content and/or descriptions. Learn how we're addressing it.
- Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, close-grown tobacco & cut strip, 1973-1978
- This record contains documents regarding the innovations that emerged in the tobacco industry in the mid-1970s, including the use of automated combine harvesters and close-grown tobacco as well as the Paper Reconstituted Tobacco program and the potential use of tobacco waste as cigarette filler material. Also included in this folder are presentation papers, typescripts, and correspondence regarding these innovations and potential manufacturing problems.
Agricultural experiment stations
Tobacco -- Harvesting
Tobacco -- Research
Tobacco use -- Health aspects
- Original Format:
Multiple materials (materials for groups)
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
Papers (Document genres)
Imperial Tobacco Group
more info on Imperial Tobacco Group
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. more info on Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc.
Campbell, John S. more info on Campbell, John S.
Tobacco Research Station (Delhi, Ontario) more info on Tobacco Research Station (Delhi, Ontario)
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Imperial Tobacco Co., 1970-1971
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 1
- Stokes Plastics & Vacuum Equipment, 1971-1972
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 2
- Tennessee Eastman Co., 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 3
- International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. (IFF), 1974
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 4
- Pabrik Tembakau "Djarum," Indonesia, Bambang Hartano, 1973-1974
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 5
- American Tobacco Co., American Brands, 1958-1971
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 6
- RJ Reynolds Report, 1972-1976
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 7
- Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, 1977 letter & associated materials, 1971-1979
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 8
- Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, close-grown tobacco & cut strip, 1973-1978, Series 7, Box 41, Folder 9 (Current Folder)
- Cooperative work with John Campbell of Imperial Tobacco on cut-strip & close-grown tobacco, 1974-1982
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 10
- Carreras Rothmans Ltd., Folder 1, 1974-1983
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 11