Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, 1977 letter & associated materials, 1971-1979
Tobacco -- Harvesting
Tobacco -- Research
- Original Format:
Multiple materials (materials for groups)
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This record contains documents pertaining to Professor William H. Johnson’s modular curing process involving green cut tobacco and includes correspondence between tobacco companies and technical reports describing problems with the quality and manufacture of this type of tobacco. Also found in the folder are documents from a Tobacco Quality Evaluation Committee Meeting wherein the work of Professor Earl Wernsman was discussed.
Johnson, William H.
more info on Johnson, William H.
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Imperial Tobacco Company of Great Britain and Ireland more info on Imperial Tobacco Company of Great Britain and Ireland
R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company more info on R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company
Tobacco Enterprises, Inc. more info on Tobacco Enterprises, Inc.
John Player & Sons more info on John Player & Sons
Campbell, John S. more info on Campbell, John S.
Standard Commercial Tobacco Co, Inc. more info on Standard Commercial Tobacco Co, Inc.
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about)
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Imperial Tobacco Co., 1970-1971
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 1
- Stokes Plastics & Vacuum Equipment, 1971-1972
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 2
- Tennessee Eastman Co., 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 3
- International Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. (IFF), 1974
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 4
- Pabrik Tembakau "Djarum," Indonesia, Bambang Hartano, 1973-1974
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 5
- American Tobacco Co., American Brands, 1958-1971
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 6
- RJ Reynolds Report, 1972-1976
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 7
- Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, 1977 letter & associated materials, 1971-1979, Series 7, Box 41, Folder 8 (Current Folder)
- Imperial Tobacco Co., Ltd, close-grown tobacco & cut strip, 1973-1978
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 9
- Cooperative work with John Campbell of Imperial Tobacco on cut-strip & close-grown tobacco, 1974-1982
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 10
- Carreras Rothmans Ltd., Folder 1, 1974-1983
Series 7, Box 41, Folder 11