Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- William Firth, Fields Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969
- Original Format:
- Archival collection
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- The following collection contains the correspondence of W. H. Johnson and William E. Firth, as they planned meetings between NCSU's Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering and the Fields Leaf Tobacco Company, where they discussed the process of freeze-drying tobacco. Both institutions hoped that the process would allow tobacco companies to have greater control over their output characteristics of cigarettes. The collection also contains Firth's business card and an office note on the Rembrandt Company.
Fields Leaf Tobacco Company
more info on Fields Leaf Tobacco Company
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Johnson, William H. more info on Johnson, William H.
Firth, William E. more info on Firth, William E.
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Theodorus Neimeyer, LTD, Holland, 1969-1971
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 1
- Universal Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969-1977
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 2
- National Cotton Council, 1966-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 3
- Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik, Norway, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 4
- Rothmans of Pall Mall, Ltd., Australia, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 5
- H. F. & Ph.F. Reemtsma, Hamburg, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 6
- Swedish Tobacco Co. (Svenska Tobaks Aktiebolaget), 1969-1979
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 7
- AMF (American Machine and Foundery), Inc. correspondence, 1971-1978
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 8
- Martin Brinkmann Ag Bremen, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 9
- D.E.J. International Research Co. N.V., Holland, 1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 10
- Leybold-Heraeus, 1972
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 11
- Inquiries or interests regarding freeze-drying process, 1970-1972
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 12
- The In-Curing Metabolism of Amino Acids, 1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 13
- William Firth, Fields Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969, Series 7, Box 40, Folder 14 (Current Folder)
- Alfred N. Hertz, Hamburg, 1973-1974
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 15
- Tenco, Division of Coca-Cola, 1972-1973
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 16
- Freeze-Drying Research Samples, 1968-1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 17