Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Martin Brinkmann Ag Bremen, 1969-1970
Tobacco -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- This collection contains the correspondence between William H. Johnson, Ulrich Dolberg, and Max Freiherr Von Bethmann, and these letters concern the German tobacco manufacturer Martin Brinkmann AG of Bremen's interest in NCSU's Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering's process of freeze-drying tobacco. There was also an exchange of tobacco samples between the two institutions, including a special blend from Martin Brinkmann AG, which were freeze-dried by the Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering as an experiment to achieve higher filling capacity for cigarettes. Research notes and a shipping notice for a tobacco sample are also included.
Johnson, William H.
more info on Johnson, William H.
Martin Brinkmann AG Bremen more info on Martin Brinkmann AG Bremen
Von Bethmann, Max Freiherr more info on Von Bethmann, Max Freiherr
Dolberg, Ulrich more info on Dolberg, Ulrich
North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering more info on North Carolina State University. Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Theodorus Neimeyer, LTD, Holland, 1969-1971
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 1
- Universal Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969-1977
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 2
- National Cotton Council, 1966-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 3
- Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik, Norway, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 4
- Rothmans of Pall Mall, Ltd., Australia, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 5
- H. F. & Ph.F. Reemtsma, Hamburg, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 6
- Swedish Tobacco Co. (Svenska Tobaks Aktiebolaget), 1969-1979
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 7
- AMF (American Machine and Foundery), Inc. correspondence, 1971-1978
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 8
- Martin Brinkmann Ag Bremen, 1969-1970, Series 7, Box 40, Folder 9 (Current Folder)
- D.E.J. International Research Co. N.V., Holland, 1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 10
- Leybold-Heraeus, 1972
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 11
- Inquiries or interests regarding freeze-drying process, 1970-1972
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 12
- The In-Curing Metabolism of Amino Acids, 1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 13
- William Firth, Fields Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 14
- Alfred N. Hertz, Hamburg, 1973-1974
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 15
- Tenco, Division of Coca-Cola, 1972-1973
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 16
- Freeze-Drying Research Samples, 1968-1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 17