Download PDF (6.28 MB)
Additional functionality available on larger screens.
- AMF (American Machine and Foundery), Inc. correspondence, 1971-1978
Tobacco -- Research
Tobacco -- Experiments
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- These papers collect the communications between W. H. Johnson, Thomas I. Ito, Joseph V. Fiore, and others involved in collaborative research by North Carolina State University's Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering and (AMF), Inc. Their experimentation was in ways of advancing tobacco mechanization and processing by various ways, most notably by freeze drying. W. H. Johnson's involvement was important due to his expertise in the field of freeze-dried expanded tobacco. The correspondence also involve the exchange of freeze-dried tobacco samples, the sharing of articles and reports regarding tobacco experimentation, and the researchers' participation in meetings in conferences on tobacco research.
American Machine and Foundry Company
more info on American Machine and Foundry Company
Johnson, William H. more info on Johnson, William H.
Ito, Thomas I. more info on Ito, Thomas I.
Fiore, Joseph V. more info on Fiore, Joseph V.
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- William H. Johnson Papers, 1941-2005 (Bulk, 1956-1983) (MC00062) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Theodorus Neimeyer, LTD, Holland, 1969-1971
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 1
- Universal Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969-1977
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 2
- National Cotton Council, 1966-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 3
- Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik, Norway, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 4
- Rothmans of Pall Mall, Ltd., Australia, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 5
- H. F. & Ph.F. Reemtsma, Hamburg, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 6
- Swedish Tobacco Co. (Svenska Tobaks Aktiebolaget), 1969-1979
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 7
- AMF (American Machine and Foundery), Inc. correspondence, 1971-1978, Series 7, Box 40, Folder 8 (Current Folder)
- Martin Brinkmann Ag Bremen, 1969-1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 9
- D.E.J. International Research Co. N.V., Holland, 1970
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 10
- Leybold-Heraeus, 1972
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 11
- Inquiries or interests regarding freeze-drying process, 1970-1972
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 12
- The In-Curing Metabolism of Amino Acids, 1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 13
- William Firth, Fields Leaf Tobacco Co., 1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 14
- Alfred N. Hertz, Hamburg, 1973-1974
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 15
- Tenco, Division of Coca-Cola, 1972-1973
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 16
- Freeze-Drying Research Samples, 1968-1969
Series 7, Box 40, Folder 17