Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Study on leaf loss from defoliators, 1963-1964
Agriculture -- Research
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- The materials in this folder consist of spreadsheets of data collected from a study on the efficiency of different varieties of knife defoliators. The study determined the average leaf damage caused by the defoliators by comparing the plant’s leaf area by its stem area. Also included in this folder is statistics gathered from the data collected at the end of the study.
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Charles W. Suggs Papers, 1914 - 1995 (mc00033) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Frictional Characteristics Manuscript :: Plant Studies :: Physical Characteristics and Properties
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 1
- "Force to Rack Tobacco," 1963
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 2
- Study on leaf loss from defoliators, 1963-1964, Series 2, Box 7, Folder 3 (Current Folder)
- Study on force needed for leaf removal, 1961
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 4
- Leaf angle study, 1963
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 5
- Leaf area versus stalk diameter, 1961
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 6
- Data charts comparing leaf area and stalk diameter, 1960
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 7
- Leaf Dimension, Weight and Midrib Strength Drafts :: Plant Studies :: Physical Characteristics and Properties
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 8
- Data charts on plants' physical characteristics and properties, 1954
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 9
- Research on the mechanical strength of tobacco plants, 1963-1964
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 10
- Line graph on the mechanical strength of tobacco tissue, 1963-1964
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 11