Additional functionality available on larger screens. This is a multi-page resource.
- Frictional Characteristics Manuscript :: Plant Studies :: Physical Characteristics and Properties
Tobacco -- Harvesting
Tobacco -- Research
Publishers and publishing
- Original Format:
- Archival collection
- Item identifier:
- Coverage Date:
- circa to
- This record contains charts, research notes, drafts, and editorial notes and comments pertaining to a report, “Physical Properties of Green Virginia-Type Tobacco Leaves, Part II: Frictional Characteristics” by Professors C. W. Suggs and W. E. Splinter, which was published in Tobacco Science in 1960. The report examined the angle of sliding and static friction between tobacco leaves and various engineering materials including plywood, canvas, and sheet metal.
North Carolina State College. Department of Agricultural Engineering
more info on North Carolina State College. Department of Agricultural Engineering
Suggs, Charles W. more info on Suggs, Charles W.
Splinter, William E. more info on Splinter, William E., 1925-
Giles, G. W. (George Wallace), 1910-2003 more info on Giles, G. W. (George Wallace), 1910-2003
Johnson, William H. more info on Johnson, William H.
Tobacco Science more info on Tobacco Science
Weybrew, J. A. more info on Weybrew, J. A.
Keller, Kenneth Raymond more info on Keller, Kenneth Raymond, 1913-1985
Seltmann, Heinz more info on Seltmann, Heinz
Sewell, John Ike more info on Sewell, John Ike
- Digital Project:
Cultivating a Revolution
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Charles W. Suggs Papers, 1914 - 1995 (mc00033) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions regarding copyright or permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
- Digitization of this resource was partially supported with federal Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funds made possible through a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services, and administered by the State Library of North Carolina, a division of the Department of Cultural Resources.
Scanned folders from the same box
- Frictional Characteristics Manuscript :: Plant Studies :: Physical Characteristics and Properties, Series 2, Box 7, Folder 1 (Current Folder)
- "Force to Rack Tobacco," 1963
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 2
- Study on leaf loss from defoliators, 1963-1964
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 3
- Study on force needed for leaf removal, 1961
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 4
- Leaf angle study, 1963
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 5
- Leaf area versus stalk diameter, 1961
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 6
- Data charts comparing leaf area and stalk diameter, 1960
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 7
- Leaf Dimension, Weight and Midrib Strength Drafts :: Plant Studies :: Physical Characteristics and Properties
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 8
- Data charts on plants' physical characteristics and properties, 1954
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 9
- Research on the mechanical strength of tobacco plants, 1963-1964
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 10
- Line graph on the mechanical strength of tobacco tissue, 1963-1964
Series 2, Box 7, Folder 11