Download PDF (5.78 MB)
Additional functionality available on larger screens.
- North Carolina: Conditions conducive to farming, trucking, fruit growing, stock raising, etc. in the Old North State
Agriculture -- Economic aspects
- Item identifier:
- North Carolina. Department of Agriculture more info on North Carolina. Department of Agriculture
- The publication titled "North Carolina: Conditions Conducive to Farming, Trucking, Fruit Growing, Stock Raising, etc. in the Old North State" was published by the North Carolina Department of Agriculture and reports on how the state is a place for agricultural opportunities. The publication goes into detail on North Carolina's excellent agricultural network, fruit farming, supplying out-of-state markets by transporting crops via trucks, livestock farming, how its range of climates allow the production of a variety of crops, and its weather conditions. Also included are tables compiling data on North Carolina's temperature, precipitation, and frost, as well as photographs of the state's notable crops and agricultural products.
Charts (Graphic documents)
- Digital Project:
Living Off the Land
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- Digitization of this material was made possible, in part, through the support of the North Carolina Farm Bureau, the North Carolina Tobacco Foundation, and the North Carolina Tobacco Research Commission.