Please note that some historical materials may contain offensive content.
- Morris Building and Riddick Stadium demolition
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- The Morris Building was named for William Flaude Morris (1884-1972), a graduate of the class of 1909. He taught mechanical drawing at NC State and was head of the “service department,” (today the Physical Plant division) from 1932 until 1953. Morris Building was built in 1926. Riddick Stadium was built in 1907 and named for Wallace Carl Riddick (1864-1942). Riddick was appointed as a professor of civil engineering in 1892 and went on to serve as NC State’s first football coach, dean of the School of Engineering, and as president of the University between 1917 and 1923. The stadium was home to the football and baseball teams until 1966, when Carter-Finley was completed. Since 1966, the use of the stadium has shifted many times from dorms to physical plant operations. Both structures were torn down in 2005 to make way for the new Mathematics and Statistics Building.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NC State University Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information:
Building: North Carolina State University, William Flaude Morris Building (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)
- Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960 more info on Shumaker, Ross Edward, 1889-1960
- Page, Jess M. more info on Page, Jess M.
- NC State University Campus
- NC State University