NCSU Libraries

Morris Building and Riddick Stadium demolition

Riddick Stadium, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Morris Building, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Morris Building and Riddick Stadium demolition
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Universities and colleges
Construction (Assembling)
Item identifier:
funk_riddickMorris12Aug05
Photographer:
Created Date:
Description:
The Morris Building was named for William Flaude Morris (1884-1972), a graduate of the class of 1909. He taught mechanical drawing at NC State and was head of the “service department,” (today the Physical Plant division) from 1932 until 1953. Morris Building was built in 1926. Riddick Stadium was built in 1907 and named for Wallace Carl Riddick (1864-1942). Riddick was appointed as a professor of civil engineering in 1892 and went on to serve as NC State’s first football coach, dean of the School of Engineering, and as president of the University between 1917 and 1923. The stadium was home to the football and baseball teams until 1966, when Carter-Finley was completed. Since 1966, the use of the stadium has shifted many times from dorms to physical plant operations. Both structures were torn down in 2005 to make way for the new Mathematics and Statistics Building.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Names:


Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Funkhouser Photographs

Building:

Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina

Building:

Architect:
Draftsman:
Built:
Demolished:
Street:
NCSU Campus
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina

✓ Give us feedback