NCSU Libraries

Brooks Hall, Corinthian column

Brooks Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Brooks Hall, Corinthian column
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Architecture
Columns
Original Format:
Digital photographs
Item identifier:
funk_ornament0004
Photographer:
Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946- 
Created Date:
circa
Description:
Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Names:
North Carolina State University more info on North Carolina State University 
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings 
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Digital Project:
Funkhouser Photographs

Building: North Carolina State University, Eugene Clyde Brooks Hall (Raleigh, Wake County, North Carolina)

Architect:
more info on Upjohn, Hobart Brown, 1876-1949 
Community:
Raleigh
State:
North Carolina
Historical note:
Brooks Hall served as North Carolina State University's first official library, from its construction in 1926, until D. H. Hill was built in 1953. After the library moved, Brooks Hall became the home of the School of Design, where it still resides today. Brooks Hall is named for Eugene Clyde Brooks (1871-1947), who served as the University's president from 1923 until 1935.
Location:
Raleigh (N.C.)
Subjects:
College buildings
Lecture halls
Latitude, Longitude:
35.7845, -78.664902