- Murphy Football Center
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Wendell H. Murphy Football Center was built in 2003. Located behind the south end zone of Carter-Finley Stadium, it houses the football athletic facilities and the Wolfpack "Hall of Champions." Wendell H. Murphy, for whom it is named, graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in agricultural education. Murphy and his father Holmes Murphy started Murphy Family Farms, a feed manufacturing and hog raising operation. In 2000 it merged with Smithfield Foods. The Murphys have been generous supporters of the University, providing money for scholarships and the Wolfpack athletics program.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Buildings more info on North Carolina State University -- Buildings
North Carolina State University -- Football more info on North Carolina State University -- Football
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information: