NCSU Libraries

Window on west side of Leazar Hall

Leazar Hall, NCSU (Raleigh, N.C.)
Normal spinner 196px

Item information

Title:
Window on west side of Leazar Hall
Topics:
Campus and Town
Subjects:
Windows
Item identifier:
funk_misc0305
Photographer:
Created Date:
circa
Description:
Leazar Hall, built in 1912, is named for Augustus Leazar (1843-1905). Leazar fought for the Confederacy in the Civil War. As a member of the North Carolina House of Representatives, in 1885 he assisted Charles Dabney in drawing up a bill to establish an industrial school in North Carolina. After several revisions, the bill passed in 1887, establishing the North Carolina College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. The building was renovated in 1983 and again in 2006.
Genre:
Architectural photographs
Photographs
Names:


Location:
Raleigh (N.C)
Digital Project:
Funkhouser Photographs

Building:


✓ Give us feedback