- Section numbers on Old Riddick Stadium
Campus and Town
Universities and colleges
- Original Format:
- Item identifier:
- Funkhouser, Edward T. more info on Funkhouser, Edward T. (Edward Truman), 1946-
- Created Date:
- Riddick Stadium was built in 1907 and named for Wallace Carl Riddick (1864-1942). Riddick was appointed as a professor of civil engineering in 1892 and went on to serve as NC State’s first football coach, dean of the School of Engineering, and as president of the university between 1917 and 1923. The stadium was home to the football and baseball teams until 1966, when Carter-Finley was completed. Since 1966, the use of the stadium has shifted many times from dorms to physical plant operations. The last part of the stadium, the West Stands, were completely torn down in 2005 to make way for the new Mathematics and Statistics Building.
North Carolina State University
more info on North Carolina State University
North Carolina State University -- Students -- History more info on North Carolina State University -- Students -- History
North Carolina State University -- Sports more info on North Carolina State University -- Sports
- Digital Project:
- Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Edward T. Funkhouser Photographs, 2001-2016 (MC00336) held by Special Collections Research Center at NCSU Libraries
- Note field:
- Not all materials from the physical collection may have been scanned. Images may have been enhanced for web access.
- For questions about copyright and permissions, please refer to our Reproduction, Use, Citation, and Copyright page (http://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/about).
In Copyright - Non-Commercial Use Permitted
For more information: